<$BlogRSDURL$>

August 07, 2005

Behind the train... 

After staying for about 2 months in Chennai was returning back home..wondering y I stayed in Chennai romba onnum ella ..was posted as “Vetti officer for past 2 months” and was going for vacation ha ha..still did’nt get ??..was searching job and was returning back home to take a break..ha ha.. Now if I think about those days will grin for a while appadi ora life ..but those times where too hard time for me..sari ora flash back aa podalam..
After lot of struggle I got permission from appa for hunting job at Chennai .planned to stay at my cousin’s home…software market those days was getting down day by day..hunting job was very difficult those days . …still ora “alpasai..velai kedachirom nu..”with bit fear also bit confidence started towards Chennai thinking will sure can end up with some job with in one month…Reached Chennai as per planned stayed at my cousin’s home..Those day standard routine of mine would be morning getting up ..putting “kolam” as my cousin would be busy with cooking breakfast and lunch for her hubby..followed by “chillara works” ..i.e to help her in cooking cutting ,washing etc..after that would give a quick look to paper followed by which would make calls if any contact number mentioned in advertisement else would proceed towards the mentioned spot of walkin’s with a copy of resume and attend
Interview..
This schedule I used to follow most of the day during my stay at Chennai..attimes if very tired would take leave..ha ha leave without any prior permission....Some of my college mate’s were in Chennai they were working with some software concerns...during Sunday’s we used to have get together...During one such get together my classmate Padma introduced her school mate Yuktha..similarity between myself n Yuktha was we both from same place..she also came to Chennai for hunting . hence from that day I got some company for searching ,which is better then searching alone.. we used to start in morning and return back in evening..mostly lunch would be skipped.. Days were moving and the “Dabbu” with me was keep reducing..after struggling for 2 month we were frustrated and at last we thought to give up…went to Chennai central got ticket reserved for the return back to home town…
That time I was in touch with my sister friend who was working in satyam..ora alpasai thaan may be he might help to get a job..when we planned to move back thought to inform him..so called n did the same..he was also from my hometown .His parents and wife were staying there .He asked a favor from me ..generally if any one ask any favor wil try as much to help them He want me to take one printer and hand over to his wife .I winded up the conversation that day on phone saying will collect the printer on the journey day itself some hour prior to the scheduled departure time..
Journey day came and packed everything “ennatha periya packing ..yetho did.”.the train depature time was 12.30 pm( appadi nu I was thinking later came to know it was 12.20pm) ..i started by 9 and by 10 reached the station was waiting for Yuktha at station. Our plan was to meet at station at 10.30 and then after passing my baggage to her to start towards T.Nagar and get that printer and back by 12pm i.e half n hour before the scheduled time.Was waiting at station ..waited waited .. she didn’t turned up till 10.50Am..again waiting at the platform looking towards entrance gate..suddenly I could hear a sound excuse me..” konjam endha bag aa parthakareengala.. nan poi sapatta vandhurain…” said one person. ..
Usualy I don’t talk much to strangers if I am putup alone but this guy seems to be bit moderate by look ..
Myself- Sorry I will be moving soon so better ask someone else..
Stranger: Neenga yevalavu neram irupeenga..
Myself: Nan friendkaga wait pannarain so once she come we will move..
Stranger: sari if u move pls ask your friend to look at the baggage with requested tone…
Myself: ennda vamma pochi( thinking in mind) ..and I asked neenga enga poreenga and how u are leaving your baggage to a stranger whom u don’t know.. "eppalam kalam romba ketta kedakku".. ( time gap la oru advice to him ;)"
Stranger: I am working in military now I am going to my hometown for vacation.ungala partha cheat pannura mari theriyala…
Myself: (Militarykum enakum ora link mari ..i like that milatry envornment,……)
His look also seems that he is not lieing. .i mean his hair style… I said ok I will look at his baggage ..stil had some fear..”andha bag la yedhachi irukumo … bom vom” ha ha
that military guy then proceeded towards gate and soon Yuktha also came..
Yenna Yuktha evalavu late aa varura ..asked to her ..when I saw my watch time was 11Am ..gave the bag to her explained about that military guy and asked to give the bag to him once he comes…and I started with big steps towards local train platform …got ticket ..”ennoda neram train varura mari ye theriyala” ..waited for few min ..caught the train reached T.Nagar by 11.30am.. made call to my sister friend ..he asked me to come to his company to get the printer. sari nu I took auto reached his office ..I have not seen him prior. one person with a bigshopper bag came..guessed might be the same person for whom I am waiting for..took the bag ..just said ok I wil pass the thing to your home ,bye(did'nt bothered to talk more as no time )..... took auto reached station(T nagar ) ..i was just speeding up..no energy also to run as not had breakfast in morning…the moment I entered the staion and walkign towards stairs of overpass.. just one train left..adada ..missed it..waited for few min..meantime thinking if I could not catch train what will I do..as all my belongings even money in the bag which I left with my friend ..too tensed…next train came ..got into it which was moving towards Egmore station..was looking watch every 1 min… reached Egmore station by 12.18pm..was bit relaxed thinking train is only at 12.30 so some 10 min to go for depature and i have to cross the overpass which will hardly take some 2 to 3 mins…in the mean time I could find some people running towards the platform …also could hear some signal sound…thought may be for some other train….suddenly I could notice they all running towards the train which has arrived at the same platform where I have to go i.e the train which I have to catch..apparom enna .me also started running..Almost all my energy was exhausted and no energy to climb the steps and follow overpass path… used shortcut method..to cross ..adhe dhaan crossing the track…crossed the track reached the platform..one person asked “ enna train la poganuma… I said XXX”.. he said “sikaram signal potachi ..yedhachi ora compartment la yeriko next station poi change panniko..” i even don’t know the reservation details as ticket was with Yuktha..but could rem the compartment tag S6..usualy S6 will be at other of engine…I got into the immediate compartment near the engine..that happened to be unreserved..and there was no connection to other reserved compartment…I neither know whether Yuktha has boarded the train or not…one thinking if she has not boarded the train I even didn’t had enough money to pay fine in case caught by TT ..not giving much importance to my thoughts got down the unreserved compartment ..by that time train has started moving slowly…ran bit fast with the printer bag in hand…and somehow got into reserved compartment…bit worried and thinking if yuktha has boarded the train or not..proceeded further towards S6…asking the passenger now n there” edhu enna compartment” when I just reached S3 ,I could find the same military guy who I met in the morning at station who has asked to take care of his baggage. .seeing me he asked “Ennanga evalavu sekaram vandhuteenga”…I did'nt bother to reply him instead asked him whether my friend in this train..he said ya she is in train and he was coming to check me if bychance I had boarded the train or not…abbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaa..got relaxed…my heart was was running lup tup with the speed same as that of jet plane…when I heard that Yuktha has boarded it was like sudden brake…then went towards my seat….met her…that military guy place was in some other compartment..he just came to offer help both ..as we did the same to him earlier..he went to his seat after talking for a while with us.. atlast reached hometown though jobless…..

Previous->>



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

[Top]